A student fatally shot one classmate and wounded four others when he opened fire in the cafeteria of his Washington state high school on Friday, following a fight with fellow students, authorities said. Jaylen Fryberg the homecoming prince wasn’t just shooting at random Frybery targeted his victims in the high school cafeteria according to family two of the wounded were his cousins. The shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, The victims were all under age 18.
A Beretta .40-caliber handgun is believed to have been used in the incident and is traced to Frybery father.
CNN reports Two girls are in ICU at a hospital in Seattle while two boys are in intensive care unit at a hospital in Everett, said Erin Al-Wazan, a spokeswoman for the latter facility.Three are “very critically ill” with “very serious” injuries, she said. One is in serious condition. One of the boys, age 14, suffered a jaw injury. The other, age 15, was critically injured in the head.
Police release timeline of events in the fatal shooting incident at Marysville-Pilchuck High School
As posted on the City of Marysville WA, Website
October 24, 2014 — 5:00 p.m. UPDATE
(Marysville, WA) – Police tonight announced a timeline of the events that unfolded at Marysville-Pilchuck High School this morning:
– The original call to 911 came in at 10:39 a.m. from an anonymous cell phone
– At 10:41 a.m. the Marysville School Resource Officer arrived in the cafeteria
– At 10:43 a.m. it was confirmed that the shooter was down
– At 10:49 a.m. aid from various fire organizations began to enter the scene to provide treatment to any injured
– At 11:00 a.m. Marysville Police Department called for a full SWAT deployment
The Snohomish Multi-Agency Response Team is on scene conducting the incident investigation. The Marysville SWAT team cleared the school at 4:35 p.m., but students who witnessed the incident remained on scene to be interviewed by investigators.
Listen to the recorded Police audio as the incident unfolded