Deadline: October 23, 2015
Salary: $39,837 Per Year
- Minimum of 21 years of age at time of filing application. Proof of birth date will be required at time of filing application.
- Must be under 35 years of age at time of filing application and the date of certification of the final eligibility list, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided for in 65ILCS Section 5/10-2.1-6 and 5/102.1-6.3(c) of the Fire and Police Commissioner’s Act
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum
- Must be in good physical condition, to be able to perform all firefighter duties
- Must have good vision
- Possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability (CPAT) certification, including a valid Ladder Climb Certification which is valid on the date of the Written Test
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must be fluent with the English Language, written and spoken
In anticipation for entry level Firefighter Testing to be held in February 2016, one of the requirementsis to have a current CPAT card. THE CARD MUST BE CURRENT AT THE TIME OF THE WRITTEN TEST!