The City of Peru Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will be accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer for the Peru Police Department. This is a full-time position for a career minded individual.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of application, & under 35 at time of application & posting of final eligibility list (unless exempt under provisions outlined in the Illinois Fire & Police Commissioners Act).
- Must have:
- high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of
- Associate’s Degree in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice or
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field or
- Certified and currently employed as a Police Officer, full-time or part-time in the State of Illinois or
- Certified and currently employed as a Police Officer, full-time in any other state.
- The aforementioned college education requirements shall not apply to applicants who have served a minimum of two years on active duty in the U.S. military and have been honorable discharged or currently serving on active duty or are in active or in-active reserve status.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test, written examination, oral interview, medical exam, polygraph test, psychological exam, drug screening, and extensive background investigation.
Applications will be available starting Monday, March 16, 2015. You may obtain one in person at the Peru Police Department, 1503 4th Street.All applications must be returned to the Peru Police Department no later than noon on Thursday, April 16, 2015. Along with your application please provide a self-addressed stamped business (#10) size envelope so we can mail you a reminder. Orientation and written testing for applicants will commence at 9:00am, Saturday, April 25, 2015 at the Peru Parkside School, 1800 Church St. You should park and enter on the west side of the school off of Shooting Park Road. Registration will be 8:15-8:45am.
Peru Board of Fire & Police Commissioners