FIREFIGHTER: Deadline: March 14, 2016
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee;
- S. Citizenship;
- High school diploma (or its equivalent);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must be 21 to under 35 years of age by time of hire, unless otherwise exempt by statute;
- Must be an Illinois certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) at time of hire;
- Submit proof of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and approved Ladder Climb card from a licensed agency. Card must be dated within one year of the written exam date (4.9.15 to 4.9.16). Must have valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate at time of hire as well. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies;
- No felony convictions;
- Must live within the city limits within one year after hire;
- Must be Illinois Department of Public Health Licensed Paramedic at time of hire;
- Must be accepted by the Illinois Valley Community Hospital EMS system at time of hire.
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, April 9th, 2016. Please arrive no later than 9:00 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Test will be held at:
Illinois Valley Community College
815 N. Orlando Smith St,
Oglesby, IL 61348
Preference points will be offered for Military Service and Education.
About the LaSalle Fire Department:
The Mission of LaSalle Fire and Emergency Services are to protect the lives and property of all residents and visitors of the City of LaSalle, Illinois. This shall be accomplished through fire prevention, public education, emergency medical services and full use of available resources in the mitigation of all disasters either natural or man-made. The members of LaSalle Fire and Emergency Services are committed to providing courteous, professional, well-prepared Fire/Rescue and EMS services, made possible through the commitment and dedication of our personnel. We strive to make the City of LaSalle a better and safer place to live, work and visit.
Buttons below will take you to the application website and LaSalle fire department social media pages.